Breaking out - the ratfor approach

Ted Nolan ted at usceast.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 15:46:59 AEST 1984

<goto GRAD_SCHOOL; /* do not collect $200*/>

If anyone really feels strongly enough about a special syntax for breaking out
of multiple loops, why not write a preprocessor to do it for you, as ratfor
imposes structure on FORTRAN?  Then you and your organization have your coveted
code cleanliness and can still export portable code after the preprocessing
(or you could export the preprocessor with the code). One of the nice things
about gotos is that you can map any control structure into them.  I don't
think this is something that should be part of the "real" language.

				Ted Nolan ..usceast!ted

Ted Nolan                               ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted
6536 Brookside Circle                   ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206
      ("Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination")