Breaking out of several nested loops

dat dat at hpcnoe.UUCP
Fri Oct 12 05:27:00 AEST 1984

	I have to agree.

	One of the biggest problems in the realm of professional
programmers (hows THAT for a concept!) (scary) is that they don't
understand that there CAN BE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE.

	Sure it is good to try to avoid goto's like the plague, but
in some cases it IS the best possible approach.

	My last job was with a DoD contractor and we had in writing
that we COULD NOT USE ANY GOTO's.  PERIOD.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  And we
were using Fortran VII so there weren't a whole lot of alternatives
in some cases.

	I just foisted the code that I felt necessitated the 'goto' to
someone else and bypassed the whole issue)

	What the hell - Assembler and 'Spaghetti Code' are interesting,
and a CHALLENGE to debug (especially if it ain't commented and it ain't
yours!) right?  We're getting too wimpy.  :-)

	Structuredly,
				Dave Taylor
				Colorado Networks