C Portability Between Non-UNIX Operating Systems

The devil himself daemon at decwrl.UUCP
Wed Oct 17 23:42:44 AEST 1984

Re: C Portability Between Non-UNIX Operating Systems___________________________

> I can offer the following wisdom:
> [2] The biggest problem I have found is that they don't call stdio.h
> stdio.h!!!!  On VMS, it is invoked with #include <std.h>...
> [3] VMS requires everything be initialized if it is to be external.

	Please be more specific; what C compiler are you using with VMS?
	VAX C, the official VMS C compiler of the 1984 Olympics*, uses
stdio.h and doesn't require everything to be initialized if it is to be
external.
		<_Jym_>