C needs BCD (ANSI People: Please Listen)

Kee Hinckley nazgul at apollo.uucp
Sun Oct 28 12:23:14 AEST 1984

* >O-<      (the early bird gets the bug?)
    \

I think implementing BCD like strings would NOT be a good idea.  People
who use it will want to use it just like any other type, and I don't think
that's unreasonable.  It is certainly something that I can see it being
worth-while to support from the standpoint of spreading the use of C.
My only reservation is that I've never used BCD in my life and hope I
never shall, but that's hardly an argument against it.

                                            -kee
                              ...decvax!wivax!apollo!nazgul

Even my Apple has BCD.
Sure, why not.