Standardization questions -- nested comments

Tim Smith tim at callan.UUCP
Tue Oct 16 07:23:54 AEST 1984

from someone:
> Has anyone considered making /* and */ nest properly, so that one could
> comment out commented code??

I would like to see comments introduced by something like '##', and terminate
at the end of a line.  I think this is nicer looking, and it is consistent
with comments in other places, such as 'make', the shells, etc.

from someone else:
>The best and most widely accepted way to prevent a block of code from
>being compiled while still leaving the code in the file is as follows:
>
>#ifdef notdef

But what if notdef is defined?  Clearly, you want

#ifdef  notdef
#ifndef notdef
	code code code code /* but I don't like code! */ wonderfull code
#endif
#endif

This will always work! :-)
--
					Tim Smith
			ihnp4!wlbr!callan!tim or ihnp4!cithep!tim