C Indentation Survey Results (long...)

tainter at gumby.UUCP tainter at gumby.UUCP
Sat Apr 20 08:22:38 AEST 1985

> I find it quite amusing that the two following quotes appeared in the
> same article (in the same paragraph, in fact):
>
> >	...  Real open minded, aren't we Jim?  What ever
> >	happened to programming style (as in everyone has their own...).
> >	...  Here I thought one of strengths of C was it's
> >	flexibility to differing programming styles.
>
> >	I personally think
> > 	that when it comes to readability in a program, a big part is
> > 	consistency...

What is humorous about this ?!  These statements are not inconsistent.
Do you know the difference between accuracy and precision?
There are corresponding levels of meaning for consistency.
To automatically interpret consistency on the accuracy level is silly.
However, maintaining consistency with someone elses PRIOR work is quite
a reasonable means toward consistency (on the precision level).

-- johnathan a.