Posting answers to questions

Eugene D. Brooks III brooks at lll-crg.ARPA
Mon Apr 29 10:40:20 AEST 1985

> > The point is that everyone who found the bug/problem did not need
> > to post the answer to the net.  I answered the fellow, but I did it
> > with mail.  Why? Two reasons:
> > 	(1)	Mail keeps system and news loads down
> > 	(2)	The original poster is bound to post a follow-up
> > 		article if the problem is general enough.
> >
> Political discussion!  What about the 'n' users who wish to see the answers.
> 	Different stokes, for different folks. Your not the king of the jungle!

He may not be the king of the jungle but some of the rest of us dont like seeing
10 answers to a given question, 5 of them identical and 5 of them incorrect.
Sending answers by mail and having the question supplier post an edited answer
seems like a good idea.