Array of pointers to functions

Philip Kos phil at osiris.UUCP
Sat Apr 20 09:39:24 AEST 1985

An interesting question came up at work today.

A programmer here was wondering how you would declare an
array of pointers to functions returning pointers to
integers.  I've been able to generate code producing a
single pointer to a function returning a pointer to an
integer, as

	int *(*fp_ret_ip)();

but I've been unable to get the C compiler to accept an
array version of this.

Can this be done?  I've tried every combination of paren-
theses I could think of, but every time the comiler barfed
on it.

For the record, I'm using a Pyramid 90x running 4.2BSD/
SysV UNIX.

				Phil Kos
				The Johns Hopkins Hospital