C question

Robert Viduya robert at gitpyr.UUCP
Sat Apr 20 01:46:00 AEST 1985

> I don't have the original article handy, but it almost looks like someone
> was trying to perform the illegal:
>
> 	function p(var i:integer):integer;
>
> which would be an attempt at declaring a function which returns two values.
> I pray that somewhere there isn't a compiler which would accept that.
> (Ooh, ick!)

Wait a minute... Pascal allows you to have var parameters in functions.
There is nothing illegal about the declaration whatsoever.  All the Pascal
compilers I've used accept this.

And what's wrong with functions modifying their parameters?

		robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert