re Waterloo C compiler

Josh Knight josh at v1.UUCP
Thu Apr 4 14:16:39 AEST 1985

>    Also, CMS is essentially batch-oriented, I can easily see batch programs
>    holding onto output until it knows its done.

Disagree.  MVS is clearly batch oriented.  CMS is clearly not batch
oriented.  Indeed one of the shortcomings of VM/CMS is that there
isn't any easy way to run "batch" (as in background) commands...
or do multitasking in general.****

The opinions expressed (or implied) are my own, not those of my employer.

		Josh Knight, IBM T.J. Watson Research
    josh at YKTVMH on BITNET, josh.yktvmx.ibm on CSnet,
    ...!philabs!v1!josh

**** posting was about Waterloo CMS C compiler...this is not an
unsolicited comment about VM/CMS in the wrong forum.