Code Generation

Pat Shanahan ps at celerity.UUCP
Tue Dec 3 04:25:51 AEST 1985

In article <2327 at umcp-cs.UUCP> chris at umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>But all this just goes to demonstrate my original point.  The code
>generation gets messier, and that makes it harder:  That is the main
>reason no one has done it, except maybe Tartan Labs---and they are
>not exactly giving it away....
>--
>In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 4251)
>UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
>CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu

The Celerity C compiler supports long, short, char, float, and double in
registers. Both signed and unsigned are supported in registers for the
integer types. Of course, the fact that the target machine has 15 64-bit
floating point registers makes doubles easier to manage than on most
machines.

--
	ps
	(Pat Shanahan)