Orphaned Response

D Gary Grady dgary at ecsvax.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 01:27:55 AEST 1985

>>	> Oh, like, wow.  Are there still 360/20s around?

If I remember correctly, IBM withdrew the 360/20 from the market around
1970.  A typical 360/20 had 15K of core memory and a heavily microcoded
half-word (16-bit) processor, making it the rough equivalent of a
severely stripped-down PCjr.  Forget about the maintenance charges (if
maintenance is even available); the cost of power for the 360/20
probably exceeds the cost of a replacement system!  Get a PC-XT.
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706