Pascal IO

jack at boring.UUCP jack at boring.UUCP
Wed Feb 27 23:52:11 AEST 1985

In article <8630 at brl-tgr.ARPA> cottrell at nbs-vms.ARPA quotes a
part of my article to show that pascal I/O is braindamaged :
>Jack Jansen writes...
>> I'm sick and tired of delaying all my readln()s until I've
>> printed my next prompt, and checking each read() whether it should
>> be preceded by a readln() because there's still a newline
>> lingering in my buffer.
>> --

Although I did write this, I think that it is *not* very decent to
try and prove your point by quoting things out of context.

What I said in the ~30 lines before this fragment is that it *is*
feasible to implement a good I/O system in pascal (usually referred
to as "lazy I/O"), and that I would like to see that implemented
by everyone.
I'm sick and tired of lazy implementors who don't implement
lazy I/O, and of lazy netters, who don't read all of a posting
before using pieces of it to "prove" *their* point.

Final-Statement: I like pascal-I/O, *AS LONG AS IT IS DECENTLY
	IMPLEMENTED*.
--
	Jack Jansen, {decvax|philabs|seismo}!mcvax!jack
Notice new, improved, faster address         ^^^^^