C cross compiler

Gary M. Samuelson garys at bunker.UUCP
Wed Feb 13 05:18:15 AEST 1985

> > IS there a good C cross compiler which will
> > produce 360-20 source assembly nmemonics?
>
> Oh, like, wow.  Are there still 360/20s around?
[followed by derogatory comments about the 360/20 instruction set]

I fail to see the purpose in responding to someone's request for
information in this manner.  Do you really think that several
hundred thousand dollars, or a few million dollars, worth of
equipment is going to be thrown away every time someone comes
up with something new?  I think the name for this kind of attitude
is "snobbery."

> Well, anyway, I expect the answer is no C compiler for the 360/20.  Sorry,
> you're still stuck with RPG, or maybe subset PL/I.

Why didn't you say so in the first place?

> John Levine, ima!johnl or Levine at YALE.ARPA

*** REPLACE THIS MESS WITH YOUR LINEAGE ***

Gary Samuelson