parens around sizeof arg

g-frank at gumby.UUCP g-frank at gumby.UUCP
Mon Feb 25 23:26:18 AEST 1985

> > Style for you guys, necessity for others.  The only time I use sizeof is
> > in such expressions as, "sizeof(struct foo)"; and our compiler doesn't
> > realize that "struct" gets a following name, so "sizeof struct foo" gets
> > me a syntax error.
>
> That's a "sizeof(type)", not a "sizeof thing", and the parentheses are
> necessary in that case.

   Oh, how nice.  Something else for experts in C to know so they can feel
superior to the novices.  Never have one, consistent way to use a language
construct when you can have two to demonstrate your mastery of the arcana.

--
      Dan Frank

	  Q: What's the difference between an Apple MacIntosh
	     and an Etch-A-Sketch?

	  A: You don't have to shake the Mac to clear the screen.