Style Flambe

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Sun Feb 10 08:38:38 AEST 1985

Yet Another Comment From Cottrel (YACFC):
>/*

>>	[...A quote of a reply to a previous posting of his ...]

>Some people rarely make listings but I do. I regard a paper fold as VERY
>significant if I have to keep flipping the maddog page to see the other
>half of a IF or WHILE. Opinion being what it is, this doesn't bother
>everyone, including my own brother. However, the minute I get my hands
>on a program, that's what I do. Funxions should be small enuf to fit
>on a page, just as lines should be small enuf to fit on a tty. I often
>put many funxions on a page if they fit in order to save paper.
>*/

Ok.  We all live on Unix systems, right?  Isn't there this filter
named "pr"?  Doesn't it make sure none of the code gets printed
on the form breaks?  (Nod your head up and down please...we all
know this is true).  However, pr gets confused when it has text
that contains form feeds.  (I would go fix it except the code
is a little dense).

I do agree however that functions (notice the spelling) should
fit on one page.  However I also know that sometimes they simply
HAVE to drag on for pages and pages.

--
-:--:-
David Herron;
		ARPA-> "ukma!david"@ANL-MCS or david%ukma.uucp at anl-mcs.arpa
		UUCP-> {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams!ukma!david
		UUCP-> {mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx!ukma!david
		UUCP-> {A-Large-Portion-of-The-World}!cbosgd!ukma!david

No stupid sayings (I can't think of one).

No stupid disclaimers (Nobody else would claim my statements anyway).