C cross compiler

Norman Diamond ndiamond at watdaisy.UUCP
Mon Feb 18 10:40:30 AEST 1985

> > If anyone finds a card deck with a 1401 C compiler on it, please
> > let me know.  Now that's a machine!  3-digit addresses and variable
> > infinite length ints, [...]
>
> I thought the largest int was limited by memory size ...

Not on that machine.  If no flag bits at all were set, then the int would
repeat the same digits over and over again, the length of each repetition
being equal to memory size.  Isn't wraparound fun?
--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy at waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."