C-Debug package ... (a la "context-independent macros")

J. Shapiro jss at sjuvax.UUCP
Tue Feb 5 17:15:23 AEST 1985

[Aren't you hungry...]

In article <33 at daisy.UUCP> pkl at daisy.UUCP (Peter K. Lee) writes:
>	# define macro(args)\
>		if (1) {\
>			/* macro body */\
>		}\
>		else
Kevin Szabo points out that:
>	macro( args )
>	next_statment;
fails in this macro, and is hard to find.  If, hoever, one writes

	else;

instead of

	else

the problem goes away.

Personally I still like my macros simple. I favor the notion of intelligent
compilation and elimination of redundant/unused object modules as more
valuable then #define'd pseudofunctions.

If only there were a way to say "now about this function - it goes inline"
in C. It's been done in Franz Lisp - take a look at defmacro....
Any volunteers? :-)