type punting

Jon Mauney mauney at ncsu.UUCP
Thu Feb 14 07:54:37 AEST 1985

COMMENT
  I will refrain from pointing out that the given example uv type punning
  in C (doubly linked lists) is really a kludge to get abstract types
  and jeneric funkshuns in a languaj that doesn't support them.

  However I cannot refrain from pointing out yet another piece uv
  empirical evidens to show that the C languaj and its tradishuns
  encouraj the writing uv unreadable code. To wit, the funkshun

> LINKP insque(LINKP p,LINKP q);	/* insert p after q */
> {	if (p)	(((p->fwd = q->fwd)->bwd = p)->bwd = q)->fwd = p;
> 	return(p);
> }

  I also won't say anything about imajinativ speling.
TNEMMOC
--

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR SIGNATURE ***

Jon Mauney    mcnc!ncsu!mauney    C.S. Dept, North Carolina State University