sizeof

Norman Diamond ndiamond at watdaisy.UUCP
Sat Feb 9 04:21:30 AEST 1985

> I used to use
> a Honeywell mainframe.  The architecture dates back to the 60's,
> and Honeywell has kept it around in the name of upward compatibility.
> The machine is a *word* oriented machine with a 36 bit word(yes 36,
> not 32), ...
> This is what I call brain-damaged, but it is *real*, and a Honeywell
> C-compiler must put up with different types of pointers for ints and
> chars, *or* make chars 36 bits.
> -- Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

Not only that, but its characteristics are quoted in a table appearing
TWICE in K&R.  Therefore EVERYONE has already been warned about such
kinds of brain damage.
--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy at waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."