C grammar

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Fri Feb 22 03:41:23 AEST 1985

> Yes. In the new standard, multicharacter character constants are allowed
> but (of course) are implementation defined. A character constant is an INT
> so you can guess what most implementations will do.

Already do, you mean.  There's nothing new about multi-character character
constants; they've been in C all along, with the same warnings about them
being highly implementation-dependent.  I'm a bit disappointed that the
ANSI committee didn't delete them.  Oh well.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology