Pascal IO

Jon Mauney mauney at ncsu.UUCP
Thu Feb 28 06:57:23 AEST 1985

In the ever continuing debate on Pascal I/O (in the C newsgroup of course)
/*cottrell*/ quotes several complaints.  Most are resolved by using
lazy I/O, as discussed earlier, but which is unfortunately not provided
in all implementations.  The other complaint is due to the total botch
that UCSD made in implementing "interactive" files in a non-standard
fashion.

Anyway, I like the analogy between I/O and kissing.  But remember,
trying to kiss without having a good idea of the status first is likely
to be a serious error.

--

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR SIGNATURE ***

Jon Mauney    mcnc!ncsu!mauney    C.S. Dept, North Carolina State University