Orphaned Response

jim jim at hpfcla.UUCP
Fri Feb 15 08:41:00 AEST 1985

I will put in a good word for EDIX.  It's really fast on my MSDOS
machine (which does NOT have a graphics card) and has never crashed
in over a year's use.  It also has regular expression searches and
the key bindings make sense (unless, of course, you've had too much
vi to drink).  My biggest gripe is the Emerging Tech folks don't seem
to recognize their market and push the editor where it will do the
most good.  They seem more interested in the office market and I
suspect EDIX is best loved by displaced UNIX hackers who have to use
MSDOS for one reason or another.