4.2 extern a DISASTER (Flame)

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at ucbcad.UUCP
Tue Jul 16 16:54:54 AEST 1985

> I find the 4.2 C compiler's treatment of extern a total and
> complete DISASTER. I have so far been completely unsuccessful
> at using extern, though with the 4.1 compiler (which was more
> or less K & R standard), there was no trouble.

You ought to include a sample of code in which you find externs not
to work. I have no idea what you are talking about, and since hundreds
of thousands of lines of C have compiled perfectly with the 4.2 compiler,
I think it is more likely that either your local compiler is broken or
you are confused.

	Wayne