Dumb question on dyn. mem. alloc (if(hate(novices)) dont_read();)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Tue Jul 23 02:26:39 AEST 1985

> ...  I find that LINT generally believes a cast to a pointer
> type, as long as you don't/do use the -c option (on a BSD/SYSIII system).
> The -c option tells lint to complain (or not complain) about all
> non-portable pointer mismatches and questionable pointer casting.

Sigh, not so on a V7, which is why I mentioned the "grep -v" approach.
The absence of -c does *not* tell the V7 lint to shut up about possible
alignment problems.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology