a.out.h,adventure operating systems, JMP indirects, C for Apples, etc..

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at ucbcad.UUCP
Sat Jul 20 11:46:47 AEST 1985

>   Basically, I'm writing a unix-like operating system on a micro to base
> an adventure-type game on.  I'm doing preliminary work on the unix system
> itself, and the operating system seems to intercept many of the things I
> must do.  The problem is as follows:  To load in the desired procedure
> (function) into the memory swapping space, call it, free the swap space,
> and continue this indefinitely.  I've written a small program segment,
> which SHOULD work, but appears not to.

< Some code that reads in the file...>

There is really no other place to put the a.out header except in the file,
and it is a pretty standard thing. There is a lot of stuff that you are
leaving out, including finding out the entry point of the routine you
want. If you have a decent unix that has the -A and -t options to ld,
then you can use a dynamic loading routine (there have been many posted
to net.sources...) to do your work for you...

	Wayne