C Programming Style -- New thought ("writing code")

Ed Nather nather at utastro.UUCP
Thu Jul 25 00:30:31 AEST 1985

> I find that one of the things that most affects my personal choice of
> program-formatting style is the number of lines on the console I work at.
> Most of my C coding is done sitting in front of old-style displays of 24 by
> 80 lines.
> Jay Reynolds Freeman (Schlumberger Palo Alto Research)(canonical disclaimer)

I assume this means you "write code" directly at a terminal, using a text
editor, instead of the "venerable, traditional" way of writing it on paper
first, with a pencil (and a *large* eraser), and then entering the stuff
aftwerwards.

General question: does anybody "write code" on paper first any more?
--
Ed Nather
Astronomy Dept, U of Texas @ Austin