C Programming Style -- New thought ("writing code")

Mike Vilot vilot at gsg.UUCP
Sat Jul 27 02:17:50 AEST 1985

	I think this sort of discussion is useful, although a few
replies have degenerated into unhelpful nit-picking.  One thing we could
all use is a clearer definition of terms.  An excellent reference on
this topic is:

	Writing Efficient Programs
	Jon Louis Bently
	Prentice-Hall, Inc, 1982

Relevant topics include: defining the nature of the problem,
establishing the context, offering (language-independent) transformation
rules, and commenting on system-dependent issues.  It's a short book
(170 pp, including the index -- shorter that K&R), and it's easy to
read.
--
Michael J. Vilot			vilot at wang-inst		(CSNET)
General Systems Group			decvax!gsg!vilot	(UUCP)