more about programming style

Bill Tanenbaum - AT&T Bell Labs - Naperville IL tan at ihlpg.UUCP
Fri Jul 12 17:25:16 AEST 1985

> [A long story of how i++ is incomprehensible]
> I know this was a rather long story, but I had to get my point across
> somehow.  Remember that the "I" in that story could be someone you will
> be working for.
>
> Dan

I doubt it.  If I couldn't find the bug myself, you should fire me.
If you would insist on my using i = i + 1 instead of i++, I should quit.
This is not a joke.
--
Bill Tanenbaum - AT&T Bell Labs - Naperville IL  ihnp4!ihlpg!tan