more about programming style

Niket K. Patwardhan lcc.niket at LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jul 30 11:42:22 AEST 1985

Typedef is my bugaboo too. When whoever invented it invented it he broke what
was uptil then a cardinal rule of C........ you could look at a indentifier
and what was immediately around it and tell exactly what it was
variable
array[]
function()
"null terminated string"
'character'
along with the non-enforced rule that defined constants were in capitals.
CONSTANT
maybe what is needed is some such rule (as for defined constants) that lets
you know immediately that you are looking at a type name rather than a variable.
Also at Intel we used to use first letter capitalized to indicate a macro
function.