Portablity using structures and malloc - Help

Frank Adams franka at mmintl.UUCP
Wed Jul 24 04:57:38 AEST 1985

In article <4781 at allegra.UUCP> jpl at allegra.UUCP (John P. Linderman) writes:
>[referring to portability considerations]
>I suggest that those interested in kicking these issues around move the
>discussion to mod.unix, since there is likely to be a lot of overlap of
>proposed additions [whence the mod] and since the problems are more those
>of UN*X than C [whence the unix].

Permit me to disagree.  These issues are not restricted to UNIX.  Lots
of people use C without having UNIX at all (gasp!).  Access to system
parameters is just as important to them.  Of course, some UNIX parameters
may not have precise counterparts on other systems; but the object should
be to get as much system independence as possible.