When words are good and when words are bad

Dave Long long at oliveb.UUCP
Sun Jul 28 18:12:23 AEST 1985

In article <2903 at ncsu.UUCP> mauney at ncsu.UUCP (Jon Mauney) writes:
| If symbols are so great, why not do away with keywords entirely?  We could
| use <- for "goto", @-> for "if", >< for "while", and [->] for "switch".
| Wouldn't that make programs a lot easier to read?

    I think it would, but then I once rewrote cdecl so that it would use
symbols instead of this English stuff.  If you don't like symbols, use COBOL!

    (Paraphrased)	"Let the programmers program in English, and you will
                	"find that they cannot" -- <I don't know>

						@[:],
						   Dave Long
--
{hplabs,fortune,idi,ihnp4,tolerant,allegra,tymix}!oliveb!long