C Programming Style -- New thought ("writing code")

Bill Crews bc at cyb-eng.UUCP
Mon Jul 29 09:04:53 AEST 1985

> . . .
> if you really care about a program, I would recommend to sit down and
> think about it for a long time, start scribbling ideas on paper, and
> gradually try to implement this or that module. Often you still need
> several tries to get it right.

I like white marker boards, myself.  They're so ERASEABLE!  You can let it
evolve into what you really want.  After all, design is largely an iterative
process.  Besides, the whole development team can walk into you office, read
it, pontificate upon it, and help it evolve.

I'm not sure why I've gotten so averse to using paper for anything other than
scratching notes, like hex addresses.  It's like if I write my ideas on paper,
they are lost forever there; they can't be melded, shaped, and transformed
into grander things.  Not without retranscription, anyway.  Maybe if I got
some superfast pen . . .
--

  /  \    Bill Crews
 ( bc )   Cyb Systems, Inc

[ gatech | ihnp4 | nbires | seismo | ucb-vax ] ! ut-sally ! cyb-eng ! bc