Writing Code

Jay Freeman freeman at spar.UUCP
Fri Jul 26 07:29:01 AEST 1985

[]

>General question: does anybody "write code" on paper first any more?

Not since line-editors saved me from using Hollerith cards to input source.

I still use pencil and paper ("woodware"?) for algorithm/program design,
though, mostly with psuedocode. I do not have a written design for all code
when I sit down at the terminal, however; and when I do it is generally
nowhere near as detailed as the code that implements it will be.
--
Jay Reynolds Freeman (Schlumberger Palo Alto Research)(canonical disclaimer)