Pascal to C Translator

Bob Kyryliuk bobk at hcradm.UUCP
Thu Mar 14 05:30:42 AEST 1985

> Has anyone out there heard of a translator that will do a decent job of
> translating J&W pascal into human readable C.  That is the resultant
> output should be able to be used, conveniently, as the source for
> further updates of the program i.e. be able to discard the pascal source.

HCR sells a product called HCR/PASCAL.

HCR/PASCAL is a Pascal compiler that uses C as an intermediate
language. It first performs a direct translation from
J&W/ANSI/ISO (level 0) Pascal to C, and then invokes the system's C
compiler to complete the compilation.

It can be used to translate Pascal into C if you want to throw away
the Pascal source. However, HCR/PASCAL's numerous UNIX-style features
(its ability to call and be called by C routines, its ability to
integrate Pascal and C routines into runtime libraries, its ability to
perform system calls, its file-handling capabilities, etc) as well as
its Lazy I/O and its UCSD-style string package will probably convince
you that Pascal is the way to go!

HCR/PASCAL is available on a wide range of hardware that runs UNIX since
it is written in C and since the compiler's code-generator never needs to be
rewritten for new machines.

For further information, you can contact me at the following
address/phone number/net address:

Bob A. Kyryliuk
HCR/PASCAL Product Manager
Human Computing Resources Corporation
10 St. Mary Street
Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 1P9
Canada

416-922-1937 ext.25

...{decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|watmath}!hcr!hcradm!bobk