make depend

Gary S. Moss AMXBR-VLD-V moss at Brl-Vld.ARPA
Fri Mar 1 02:45:57 AEST 1985

Don't know about vanilla 4.2BSD, but we have the BRL-enhanced 4.2 with
Doug Gwyn's SVR2 emulation running on a 780, and I implemented Richard
Drave's make depend with success (thanks Richard).  The only problem I
had, was since I had to use /lib/cpp to get the -M flag (/usr/5lib/cpp
which emulates S5 doesn't have it) I had to add -I/usr/5include to my
other -I's to tell /lib/cpp where string.h was (BSD calls it strings.h
(don't know if they are related, but if so, it would be nice if they
were the same name)).

So, anyone know if this -M flag has been added at BRL or why Guy missed
out on it?

&- Moss -&