Multiple external definitions

Brandon Allbery bsa at ncoast.UUCP
Sat Mar 9 01:47:30 AEST 1985

+----------------
| All UNIXes prior to System V supported multiple external definitions.

Our Xenix system, however, doesn't, for all that it was developed from V7
source.  Lots of programs fail spectacularly on my terminal (including the
editor I'm using to type this in), because my terminal requires padding
and almost every termcap-using program we get has "int ospeed;" in it
(we need "extern short ospeed;", also outlining a certain size dependency...

--bsa
--
Brandon Allbery, decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa, ncoast!bsa at case.csnet (etc.)
6504 Chestnut Road Independence, Ohio 44131 +1 216 524 1416 -- CIS 74106,1032