Copy strings with "strcpy", not an idiom

Norman Diamond ndiamond at watdaisy.UUCP
Fri Mar 15 01:50:30 AEST 1985

> if you choose the wrong code sequence, or you forget to declare
> your variables "register", or you move it from a VAX to a PDP-11
> and there aren't enough register variables so they become "auto"
> (substitute your favorite machines for "VAX" and "PDP-11"), or....
> --  John Bruner

I agree that the built-in procedures should be used for portability,
no matter what the language.  But if we substitute my favourite
machines, we won't run out of registers!
--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy at waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."