CTRL(X) in ANSI standard (last one I hope)

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Thu May 23 22:34:46 AEST 1985

> Face it.  We are going to have to kill ourselves trying to work around
> the standard committee's refusal to let C work the way it has been working.

What "C"?  Using undocumented (indeed, unintended) features present
in one particular implementation is not the same as using C the way
it was defined; programmers who stuck to the rules should not have
problems with the ANSI addition of a more carefully designed way to
achieve substitution "within" strings.  The ANSI approach is designed
to support reasonable implementations other than the Reiser CPP,
including token-based CPPs, several of which exist and cannot readily
be made to support Resierisms.

C != BSD