Need 286 "C" benchmark

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Fri May 31 10:47:17 AEST 1985

In article <635 at cadovax.UUCP> keithd at cadovax.UUCP (Keith Doyle) writes:
>we can write benchmarks that use 12 registers to make the Motorola look
>good, and ones that use 2 to make the Intel look good.)

Does this mean that if you have 16 registers and you only use 2 of them
you pay a penalty for having 14 idle registers? This is about the only
conclusion I can draw from your statement. How good is the 68K overall
if it wins in benchmarks which use lots of registers and loses in benchmarks
which don't use lots of registers?
--
 There's always tomorrow.

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720