C bites / programming style [if

Alan Bland mab at druca.UUCP
Sat Sep 14 08:53:46 AEST 1985

> to mention the fact that it lets me use cb(1). Speaking of cb, I have a gripe:
>
> 	switch(x) {
> 	case 1:
> 	default:
> 	}
>
> What's wrong with:
>
> 	switch(x) {
> 		case 1:
> 		default:
> 	}
>
> Much easier to see the control flow. Especially if you have 2 switches in a
> row.

The second style is another level of indentation compared to the first.
Several switch statements inside a loop or two and you're off the edge of
the page or screen sooner with #2 than with #1.  I don't see that they're
significantly different in readability (but I usually have no trouble adapting
to anybody's indentation style, as long as they remain consistent).
--
Alan Bland
AT&T Information Systems, Denver CO