setenv from c

David Herron, NPR Lover david at ukma.UUCP
Wed Sep 25 07:14:25 AEST 1985

> > Is it possible to set a csh environment variable within a C program? I know
> > about getenv(), but have failed at attempts to set an environment variable
> > from a C program. Basically, what I want to do is "source" a new environment
> > variable for the current csh process. Any comments or suggestions would be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

As many people have said, it ain't possible to set your parents' environment
(that is, short of such self-abuse as poking around in /dev/mem).

However, it *is* possible to do it for your children.  See my posting
in net.sources for more information.
--
--- David Herron
--- ARPA-> ukma!david at ANL-MCS.ARPA

Hackin's in me blood.  My mother was known as Miss Hacker before she married!