Ranking of C experts and offices :-)

David Sherman dave at lsuc.UUCP
Wed Sep 25 01:14:56 AEST 1985

In article <192 at rtp47.UUCP> throopw at rtp47.UUCP (Wayne Throop) writes:
>> [when in need of C clarification]
>> When I was at utzoo I went for Henry Spencer's Office.
>> Now that I am consulting to Sun I go to Guy Harris's office.
>>     Laura Creighton sun!l5!laura
>
>Aha!  The truth is out!  Henry Spencer's august presense must be housed
>in an "Office", while Guy Harris's more mundane aura only commands an
>"office".  (How do these rankings get determined anyhow?)

Actually, if you saw Henry's Office you'd understand. Henry works
in a spacious, grandiose Office with plush mauve carpeting, floor-to-ceiling
windows overlooking downtown Toronto from the top floor of the
University's tallest building.  Expensive art hangs on the walls,
he has a gigantic curved solid oak desk delicately decorated with
pseudo-high-tech paperweights and the like, and when in the Office
(and in the presence of its Occupant), a hush comes over one.

Followups to this have been directed out of net.lang.c.

Dave Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto

(Oh yes, I forgot. To get to the Office you have to go through
the machine room...)
--
{  ihnp4!utzoo  pesnta  utcs  hcr  decvax!utcsri  }  !lsuc!dave