C bites / programming style

Pat Caudill patc at tekcrl.UUCP
Tue Sep 17 00:21:07 AEST 1985

	I seem to remember that this discussion has been hashed out
and out and out several times before. In the past it was decided that
it is a matter of religion what indention style you use. There were
four styles for braces that were offered.

 A.	if ( condition ) {
		statments ;
		more statements ;
	}

 B.	if ( condition ) {
		statments ;
		more statements ;
		}

 C.	if ( condition )
	{
		statments ;
		more statements ;
	}

 D.	if ( condition )
		{
		statments ;
		more statements ;
		}

   I'm not sure which was the least liked but at that time A. was
most popular. This time there appear to be mayn more people using
the other formats especially D. Also there is much less radical
flaming about the other formats. (I'm a D fan myself and I have had
proponets of the other styles gain access to my directorys and
either delete or cb all my source because it was "an abomination
in the sight of God."). That seems to have gone away.
			Pat Caudill
			Tektronix!Tekcrl!patc

Disclaimer:
Obviously not everyone at Tektronix is of the same religion as myself.