\"handy.h\"

Peter da Silva peter at graffiti.UUCP
Mon Sep 16 22:16:20 AEST 1985

> Are you saying that defining EOL as '\0' is incorrect because it does
> not match exactly what your system does?

No, just saying that as far as I know, no O/S uses '\0' for end-of-line.
Also, every 'C' implementation that I have seen for systems that don't use '\n'
for end-of-line has translated-mode I/O that maps \n into whatever line/record
separators that are actually used. Including RSX (which doesn't have an end
of line character: each line is a record containing the length, line #, and
text). Basically, if you're going to give a sample handy.h file you might as
well make it a common one. Finally, if '\0' was EOL, you still couldn't use
it as such without redefining EOS (which is almost certainly going to be '\0'
for any vaguely portable 'C').