C++ and multitasking

keith gorlen keith at cecil.UUCP
Tue Apr 15 01:30:52 AEST 1986

Release 1 of the C++ Translator comes with a tasking package (task.h),
and I've also implemented one of my own as part of an Object-Oriented
Program Support (OOPS) class library for C++.  The task.h package is
oriented toward applications such as simulation, and the OOPS package is
better suited to external event processing.  Both contain a small amount
of assembler code to handle coroutine creation and coroutine calls.

Multiprocessing with coroutines does not require any language features
peculiar to C++; it requires only run-time support and could be
implemented in plain old C.

--
---
	Keith Gorlen