Pascal-to-C translator(YES!, but $)

Peter Marvit marvit at hplabsb.UUCP
Wed Apr 9 04:23:41 AEST 1986

> Is there such a beast?  If so, I would love to hear about it!! Let me know if
> you find anything.

I understand some general public domain attempts are in the works.  I
*know* of only one, avaliable commercially.  I don't know the exact price;
I suspect there is some negotiation which could be done.  However, it would be
in the $1000-3000 range (gulp!).  Moreover, it is specifically designed for
SVS (Silicon Valley Systems) version of Pascal.

For more info, try contacting Russ Salsbury or Erwin Morton @ Syntactics Corp,
3333 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 94501 (zip ???) or call 408/727-6400.

DISCLAIMER OF SORTS: I used to work for them as a documentation person.  Their
real business is word processors, tho' their backround is compilers.  They
built the Pascal-to-C for their own use and have commercialized it.  They are
honest engineers with a vision.  I was sorry to leave them, but went on to a
completly different field.

Good luck,
Peter Marvit  (...!hplabs!marvit)