lint

Mike I'll be mellow when I'm dead Meyer mwm at ucbopal.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 23 16:47:41 AEST 1986

In article <121 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.ARPA writes:
>Perhaps he should have said "There is really no justification
>for doing C software development on a system other than UNIX"?

Except that Unix compilers (4BSD, anyway) don't have ANSI function
prototyping, get confused when I want to twiddle menus and/or windows, and
requires that I run a seperate program (with the obscure name of "lint") to
catch type clashes, unitialized variables and other such errors.

We won't even mention the cost of a Unix system versus the cost of a PC.

	<mike