Array of pointers to functions

woody%Juliet.Caltech.Edu at cit-hamlet.ARPA woody%Juliet.Caltech.Edu at cit-hamlet.ARPA
Sun Apr 6 08:36:11 AEST 1986

I'm confused.  How do you specify an array of pointers to functions?  Do
you do it:

           int (*foo[])();

or do you do it:

           int ((*foo)())[];

The reason why I'm asking is that I need to create a static array of
pointers to functions, and have it portable; my slightly used brain
cells tell me the second one makes sense  (after all, a pointer to a
function is 'int (*foo)();'; thus, an array of them should be done by
adding the '[]' at the end).  Yet, the C compiler I'm using wants it
the first way and the logic excapes me as to why.

Please send all responces directly to me.  And please don't flame me;
I'm really confused about this point which is (as far as I can tell) not
in K&R.
         - William Woody
      NET  Woody%Romeo at Hamlet.Caltech.Edu
   USNAIL  1-54 Lloyd, Caltech / Pasadena, CA 91126