structured assembler (BASIC) [Really: C builtin functions?]

P. D. Guthrie pdg at ihdev.UUCP
Mon Apr 7 06:40:11 AEST 1986

In article <824 at ttrdc.UUCP> levy at ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
>In article <41 at cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP>, daveh at cbmvax.UUCP writes:
>>C, LISP, Pascal, BASIC, etc., all have standard built-in functions.
>
>C has standard built-in functions????
>
>Gee, that's a new one on me.  EVERY function called from C is an external func-
>tion, or at least it was when C began.

You are sort of right,  but sizeof qualifies as a builtin function,
even though it is a compile-time function vs run-time.   Anyone disagree?
--

Paul Guthrie				`When the going gets weird,
ihnp4!ihdev!pdg				 The weird turn pro'